Most of the work in Meg and Clare's room was done months ago. Because they share a room, we let them have the biggest bedroom when we moved into the house. It was painted a beautiful shade of green by the previous owners who, of course, used it as their master bedroom. While the green was slightly darker than I might have chosen for a little girls room, I decided to keep it because it worked well with purple and pink.
In the months after we moved in, we purchased a large white dresser for the room. We then replaced the girls' toddler beds with white mission-style bunk beds. I found charming fairy quilts for their beds and that pretty much took care of their room...until today.
Meg informed me last week that their dark, cherry wood-colored bookcase needed to be white. I agreed and we began the project today.
Our next project was to repaint their names for their walls which we already had in wooden letters. Meg and Clare decided they wanted the letters in various shades of pink and purple. This afternoon I put Meg and Clare on the back porch and let them paint.
Our final project today was adding Tinker Bell fairy stickers to their room.
So we've been very busy and their room is a mess because we must wait for the shelf to be finished before putting everything back on it. But I think Meg and Clare are very happy with the work we've done.